Monday 17 September 2012

What is this all about?

What is the Pursuit of Fruition?


Let's start with fruition. Fruition by definition is the point at which a plan or project is realized. I like to think of it as the attainment of the dreams each one of us has. Pursuit by definition is the action of following or pursuing something. These are the things that must be done in order to attain our dreams. In other words the Pursuit of Fruition is the chasing of your dreams.

I've always wished there was a road map that I could follow to my dreams. Who wouldn't want that! I don't mean that I want my dreams to be given to me or that I expect them to be easily attainable. But a framework within which to work would be very helpful. I've pondered this for years off and on, and over that time through my learnings and introspection I've defined the Pursuit of Fruition or rather a foundation from which each of us can live within and build upon to reach our dreams, whatever they may be.

The Pursuit of Fruition is comprised of five priorities, noted below in order of importance, in which we must make critical life decisions. I say critical because the decisions we make in each of these priorities compound on one another and will ultimately determine the final outcome of each day, month, and year of our lives.

  • Health
  • People
  • Education
  • Pursuit
  • Fruition

The order matters...

The order in which the Pursuit of Fruition is organized is not random. In fact I've reorganized and refined it numerous times over the years. It might change in the future but for now this is it. In a nutshell here is why the order matters.

Health

Without your health you simply deteriorate and eventually die making all else irrelevant. You need your  health above all else, that is why health is the first priority.

People

No one accomplishes anything on there own regardless of what you may have heard or think. People will always be a factor throughout your life's journey which is why they are priority number two.

Education

It's pretty hard to do something if you don't know what you are doing. Education is the key to discovering and defining our fruition and ultimately our pursuit. In order to have a dream you must know what brings fulfilment and meaning to your life. You cannot begin to understand what fullfils you or brings meaning to your life without first being introduced to it and/or experiencing it through education. Once you understand what fulfils you and brings meaning to your life, it is through education that you will be able to pursue it to its full potential. This is why education is the third priority.

Pursuit

Your pursuit as you know it today is how you make your living. It's your career or job and everything else that makes up your day. But following the Pursuit of Fruition your days become filled with the things you love most in life. You don't wake up each day to go to a job, you wake up each day in pursuit of your fruition. Your pursuit stems from your health, the people in your life, and your education. Your days are no longer filled with a menial career or job but rather with the pursuit of your fruition. Pursuit is the result of the first three priorities, which is why this is the fourth priority.

Fruition

Fruition is the attainment of your pursuit, the attainment of your dreams, and it's different for everyone. This part is up to you, you get to decide what you want out of life. You get to define what you want your life to be and the Pursuit of Fruition is how you get to live it. The cycle is complete.

That's the priorities in a nutshell. They are all interconnected and rely upon each other, but they all serve a purpose in a their order. There is much, much more to the Pursuit of Fruition which I will share on this blog over time.

Jump in and spread the word

While practicing the Pursuit of Fruition on a daily basis is no easy task and requires a commitment, I truly believe a lifestyle built up on these priorities/concepts can lead to a fulfilling and meaningful life. I say believe because although I've been living with these concepts for years, I've failed to actually implement them in my life until recently.

This blog is intended to track my progress as I start to live my life built upon the principals of the Pursuit of Fruition, and help to define these ideas further. Share your thoughts in the comments below, join me in the Pursuit of Fruition, and help spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment